POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Pov-Ray Scene Help ?! : Pov-Ray Scene Help ?! Server Time
26 Sep 2024 19:49:07 EDT (-0400)
  Pov-Ray Scene Help ?!
From: maheshtd
Date: 18 Jun 2002 08:50:24
Message: <3d0f2c90@news.povray.org>
How do i create a realistic looking moon in pov-ray. I've attempted to
re-create
the moon. But it dosen't look anything like it, it looks more like a
golfball stuck in the
middle of the canvas. I tried using image maps but these look dull and flat
and nothing
seemed to work out as i did.  When i rendered the scene in pov-ray it looked
like a 2d
object just flat.

In the pov-ray help files, it illustrates how to create the sun, for the
image i wanted to create the sun
behind the  moon sphere. When i render it the sun is nowhere to be seen .

Thanks in advance.